OSHA Safety Coordinator
- Assists in the administration of project safety and zero injury programs to maintain safe work environments and development of zero injury safety culture
- Act as safety resource to project management team
- Assist project management teams in site loss control activities
- Assist project management teams with pre-project, pre-phase and pre-task planning
- Manage EH&S aspects at the project level
- Conduct safety work area audits
- Assist project management team in developing site specific safety program
- Review safety submittals
- Chair project safety leadership team
- Review and monitor subcontractor activities
- Accompany safety, health, insurance and inspectors on walk-through tours
- Ensure corrective management action when required
- Conduct the project’s loss control data/documentation collection
- Assist with orientation and reorientation programs
- Communicate with all levels of personnel
- Promote employee participation
- Formulate and conduct training sessions/demonstrations
- Conduct major incident investigations
- Exhibit operational knowledge of construction OSHA and other pertinent safety standards
- Ensure uniform interpretation of site safety procedures
- Documents and tracks through correction all safety violations, unsafe conditions, etc.
- Manages return to work programs
- Distribute new and changing safety related information
- Ensure maintenance of major safety equipment
- Coordinate and conduct zero injury safety training programs
- Assists operating group safety director in development and implementation of zero injury training programs, policy and procedures
- Communicate with client safety personnel, union representatives, etc.
- Coordinate return to work/modified duty program
- Conduct limited training in support of the project and operating group
- 70% of time spent in field. 30% of time spent in office.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent (Degree desirable, but not required)
- 1 – 2 years related experience or equivalent combinations of training and related experience in Safety/Occupational Health
- The ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with multiple types of people.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- Ø Possesses and applies expertise on multiple work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ø Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Ø Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $53,251 – $102,854/annually
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week