Concrete Mixer Truck Driver
A mixer truck driver is responsible for the safe operation of a concrete mixer truck in the delivery of concrete to construction job sites.
The salary range for this position is open based on experience. Our benefit package consists of valuable health insurance coverage, paid vacations, paid holidays and opportunities for a 401k plan. United Companies takes pride in its work environment that emphasizes Safety, Product Quality, Customer Service and a Rewarding Employment Experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate mixer truck on public roadways in accordance with prevailing traffic laws and regulations, and according to Company safety policies
- Operate mixer truck in the loading and off-loading of the product
- Verify general compliance with mix specifications after loading and at jobsite
- Perform required DOT vehicle inspections as required
- Document any vehicle deficiencies and provide notice to maintenance department
- Regularly clean truck to avoid buildup of concrete and dirt so as to maintain the integrity and appearance of the truck and associated components
- Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices and requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting, walking, and climbing).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have a valid CDL to operate a mixer truck
- Must have a current and valid medical certification card
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record
- Must pass drug screens and criminal background checks
- Must adhere to safety requirements and procedures
- Must have ability to follow directions from company personnel and customers
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred – one year experience driving commercial motor vehicle
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of CDL terminology
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a mulch-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8 hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Full-time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile