Computer Network Technician
Support Cisco based service provider organization in delivering network services to clients. Network services include site surveys, network designs, installation/maintenance, and wired/wireless Internet setups within facilities. The Network Technician will communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and manage relationships with our Partners.
The right candidate will identify with Core Values: Connectivity, Passion, Empowerment, and Honesty. Working together as a team, you will make goals and meet deadlines while understanding that communication is critical. This is an ideal opportunity to be a part of the implementation of the technical roadmap for applications and services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ø Installation and Maintenance
Complete the installation and configuration of network hardware in new or existing infrastructure. Document install of network by following departmental standards and practices. Support external and internal client concerns and expectations during install/cutover of services and provide creative and cost effective solutions as required. Provide on-site explanation and training of network systems and applications. Perform onsite event support and network maintenance/upgrades as required.
- Ø Survey and Design
Complete network survey and design projects. Responsible for understanding complex network infrastructure (new and existing) and overall design of networks. Communicate on site and remotely with technical staff and our Partner contacts, and attend meetings as necessary. Possess a solid understanding of wireless fundamentals, coverage, and hardware. Create detail oriented network documentation and designs based on onsite network assessments and surveys. Perform wireless site surveys using departmental metrics and industry-leading equipment.
- Ø Network Support and Monitoring
Root cause analysis and proactive communication are critical. Provide phone support to end users. Manage changes and updates to hardware, configurations and documentation. Provide escalation of detailed troubleshooting steps and resolution. Consult with on-site staff for technical configurations. Attend conference calls with clients to determine network needs. Support custom configurations for events and meetings based on clients’ needs. Perform onsite event and emergency support as required.
- Ø Training and Testing
Proficient in understanding and presenting service offerings to internal and external clients. Responsible for staying up-to-date with the latest Cisco and other network related vendors, as well as Microsoft and various related IT technologies. Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation and training courses. Administer necessary training and knowledge transfer to engineers and required staff. Provide testing for network configurations, hardware, and software updates, user interfaces, and associated systems.
- Ø Knowledge of networking
- Ø 1 – 3 yrs hardware experience.
- Ø Familiarity with the following Cisco hardware
- Ø General experience installing/upgrading Internet circuits
- Ø General experience with Desktop Operating Systems
- Ø Strong documentation skills using Microsoft Office systems, Visio and Sharepoint
- Ø Preferred experience with wireless solutions as well as Cisco products
- Ø Proficient with software and trouble-ticket systems
- Ø Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
- Ø Excellent communication skills and attention to customer satisfaction. Must be able to communicate to different audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ø Ability to lift up to 20 pounds regularly
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $23.25 – $47.72/hour
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile