Construction Civil Engineering Designer
The duties and responsibilities of the Designer- Civil will be to prepare 2D Civil drawings, develop proposed and existing digital terrain models, earthwork balancing using civil-3D or In-roads, digital typical sections applicable to alignments, schematic plans, Plan & Profile drawings, roadway and site cross sections, site plans, erosion control plans, roadway & RR track alignments, grading & drainage plans and other details associated with the site development for development projects.
- Under direct supervision, apply the applicable industry codes and standards to the design of roads, RR tracks and alignment, erosion control plans, etc.
- Perform work within project’s budget and schedule.
- Maintain a high standard of quality.
- Work closely with the civil/structural engineering staff, project managers, and other discipline engineers.
- Provide technical guidance to junior designers.
- Help recruit civil design staff as needed.
- Interface with client and vendors in regards to civil design.
- Interface with other disciplines.
- Review vendor drawings.
- Good knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Good knowledge of 3D CADD systems.
- Minimum experience 1 – 3 years
- Associate degree (or higher) a plus, but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be computer literate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meets quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Ø Possesses and applies expertise on multiple work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ø Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Ø Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $53,251 – $72,854/annually
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week