Substance Abuse Counselor
The Substance Abuse Counselor provides counseling, guidance and case management services with specific substance abuse problems. The Substance Abuse Counselor participates in delivery of social services.
The Substance Abuse Counselor assists in managing and coordinating the substance abuse clinical/program modalities. The selected candidate will participate in program structure/design with therapeutic supervisor, and provide clinical evaluation, treatment planning, and individual and group counseling.
- Aides in providing individual, family, and group counseling to young adults with substance abuse problems.
- Educates client in the areas of relapse prevention, 12 step recovery, identifying high risk situations, etc.
- Determines casual relationships between substance addiction, socio-economic factors, and personality traits.
- Works in conjunction with clinical team to develop treatment plans identifying goals to be achieved.
- Coordinates with other treatment team members when specialized services are required.
- Counsels client’s family members to provide emotional support and information.
- Leads client group utilizing accepted therapy mode, group therapy techniques, and basic skills training.
- Participates in the evaluation counseling method for the effective treatment of substance abuse related problems.
- Prepares correspondence and reports as required.
- Properly documents client’s progress on charts.
- Assists in coordinating and synchronizing substance abuse and service plan issues.
- Meets with clinicians to report observations and reactions to clients and to review client’s progress.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- One (1) – Two (2) years of substance abuse or social services experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $12.25 – $31.72/hour