Complete radiographic procedures in a caring, efficient and safe manner following department routines, radiologist request by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs computed tomography and related procedures to demonstrate sectional anatomic images for interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient’s conditions essential for successful completion of the procedures.
- Services are provided in accordance with industry standards, department protocols and hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs computed tomography procedures according to set protocols established by radiologists.
- Evaluates the request for procedures and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and method of application.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices, and patient positioning techniques to generate quality images.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care, age-specific sensitivities, and “patients first” guidelines.
- Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from imaging devices.
- Evaluates the resultant images in comparison with industry standards and takes corrective action if needed.
- Refers to appropriate reference materials for clarification when needed.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient’s anxiety and enhance his comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Performs preliminary interpretation by applying independent judgment, subsequently customizing the procedure accordingly.
- Uses this knowledge to expedite intervention by the radiologist, if necessary.
- Notifies physicians as required of changes in the condition of the patients or regarding unique imaging characteristics.
- Maintains level of flexibility to accommodate daily schedule and high level of productivity.
- In collaboration with the Resource Coordinators and Technical Coordinator, learn and become proficient in new procedures and new levels of software as they become available. AA/EOE.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent (Degree desirable, but not required)
- 1 – 2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with multiple types of people.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with both business and technical personnel to solve business challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $19.00 – $31.65/hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile