Plasma Center Technician
Obtain venipuncture and capillary specimens for all age groups following proper protocol. Collect urine drug screen following proper protocol. Retrieve, report, and field customer service related phone calls. Process specimens as required. Follow collection procedures where required. Requirements
- Main Function: Responsible for the collection of blood and other specimens from all patient populations using prescribed procedures with accuracy, skill, professionalism and superb customer service. Duties may require on and off site phlebotomy, specimen transport and specimen delivery duties. Other specialized duties including patient registration, patient lab order management, processing specimens for testing, blood study kit handling, lab order entry and acting as a first responder to various emergency condition codes.
- Maintains a high quality patient care environment by cleaning, preparing, and stocking all examination rooms and treatment areas in accordance with established standards. Assists in the care, cleaning, sterilization, and maintenance of medical equipment and instruments. This includes the monitoring of relevant expiration dates, established maintenance schedules, and assistance in maintaining medical supply inventories.
- Understands, respects, and demonstrates patient confidentially in all endeavors. Understand legal ramifications of violating any component of patient confidentiality, understands the protocol and related procedures for the release of patient information.
- Adheres to OSHA and infection control policies and procedures.
- Participates in health screenings, educational programs, and team meetings.
- Adheres to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, appropriate professional associations, private funding sources, agency plans, policies and unit guidelines. Participates in periodic evaluation reviews and/or in house and external staff training to ensure adherence to standards. Initiates requests for assistance or guidance from supervisor to address new issues or complex concepts affecting adherence to professional standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of patient/medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Fulltime: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile