Pharmacy Service Representative
To assist the Pharmacist at all times to ensure that each customer has a positive shopping experience.
- Greet each customer using the eye’s, hi’s and help, assist with their questions and issues on the phone and in person both in and out of the pharmacy areas, obtain information for new prescriptions, maintain customer/patient confidentiality
- Operate a cash register including: cash, checks, and charge transactions; bagging merchandise, insurance signature logs and offer/refer questions to Pharmacist
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs (except CIIS), cap and uncap vials and bottles
- Retrieve and file pharmacy prescriptions in the appropriate files and assist Pharmacist with checking in and pricing drug orders (except CIIS)
- Maintain inventory levels, pull outdated/recalled merchandise
- Refer all doctor’s calls and customer’s medical questions to Pharmacist
- Assist the Pharmacist with all third party transactions including the completion of any paperwork
- Maintain the Pharmacy Department: fill Pharmacy supplies, vacuum dust/face; wipe counter tops; clean sink and settee area; straighten administration area; clean baker units; empty trash
- Complete Pharmacy paperwork, maintain daily/weekly reports
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmacology terminology
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of patient/medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Fulltime: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile