Patient/Resident Care Associate
Provides basic patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care within the scope of his/her training and experience.
- Provides direct patient care including but not limited to assistance with bathing, eating, dressing, and walking patients.
- Keeps a record of care given. Takes vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate) when appropriate.
- Turns and repositions bedridden patients to prevent breakdown of their skin. Changes bed linens as necessary.
- Transports patients and equipment as needed within the facility.
- Monitors patients and reports any variances to the RN for further assessment.
- May monitor unit camera as needed and notify staff of patient activity.
- Works collaboratively with the RN in charge to meet physicians, coworkers, management and other department needs.
- May provide unit support as needed, which may include answering and relaying patient calls, accepting and relaying other communications, transcribing physician orders, performing clerical tasks, completing and maintaining reports and records, or ordering supplies.
- Completes mandatory education and contact education requirements.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of patient/medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Fulltime: 40+ hours per/week