The Medical Assistant/Technician performs a wide variety of patient care services under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Such services can involve therapeutic and/or diagnostic procedures.
- Handles patient flow, including the preparation of rooms and patients and other duties as assigned.
- Performs tests/procedures in accordance with certification and scope of care.
- Provides patient education and discharge instructions.
- Completes all documentation necessary to ensure quality care based on policy and procedure, including vital signs, immunizations/medications, history, procedures and messages.
- Consistently demonstrates sincere understanding and empathy in interactions with patients
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of patient/medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a mulch-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Fulltime: 40+ hours per/week