The purpose of the position is to plan, schedule, execute, manage, and administer the facility-wide Industrial Hygiene Program, which includes occupational health/industrial hygiene, radiation safety, and environmental monitoring to maintain and promote the health and well-being of personnel.
Duties include: Supporting assigned organizations in the implementation of key IH process elements. Applying IH knowledge as a proficient technical resource for facility IH personnel using acquired knowledge of the IH discipline. Assisting personnel in the implementation of activity surrounding corporate initiatives for improved IH performance. Analyzing facility programs, processes, and conditions and making
recommendations for improvement. Assisting in the development and delivery of leadership skills training for assigned facilities. Providing compliance related assistance for regulatory matters including interpretation of requirements and on-site inspections. Developing and communicating corporate IH contacts. Developing and/or providing select IH training as required. Developing and supporting industrial hygiene systems in conjunction with our IT department. Maintaining and updating of our product material safety data sheets. Providing IH technical support for product stewardship initiatives. Analyzing IH data/trends (internal and external) and assist in the development
of corrective action plans. Providing technical support for IH program development and interpretation of regulatory requirements. Providing technical advice for redirection of process and program initiatives based on trend and data analysis, technical knowledge and interaction with the professional community.
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent (Degree desirable, but not required)
- 1 – 2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with multiple types of people.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $21.00 – $55.65/hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile