Oxygen Therapy Technician
Under the direction of physicians and guidance from the Director Respiratory Therapy and Radiology and department supervisors, performs diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency functions for adolescent to geriatric aged patients treated in Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Care Management.
- Safely operates the Hyperbaric Chamber under physician direction.
- Cleans HBO chamber and treatment room using appropriate techniques.
- Maintains daily and periodic equipment maintenance documentation.
- Prepares patient for HBO treatments.
- Accurately completes appropriate documentation and monitoring.
- Provides care for the adolescent, adult or geriatric patient
- Monitors patient’s safety during transport.
- Documents transport per specific patient orders.
- Utilizes co-workers to assist with moving patients on/off stretcher or in/out of wheelchair.
- Reports changes in patient’s behavior to appropriate hospital staff.
- Responsible for direct patient care given to his/her assigned patients.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting nurses, staff or physicians in medical treatments and regularly assists in planning, providing, recording, and evaluating patient care as a member of the nursing team.
- Regularly performs and documents assigned procedures; taking and recording of temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration, assessment history; in accordance with established protocol procedures.
- Collects, accurately labels and forwards specimens such as wound cultures for laboratory analysis; demonstrates a reliable and dependable ability to follow through with designated responsibilities involving the care and handling of specimens.
- Always accurately, clearly, and concisely records all pertinent information on the patient’s record; records all care provided in a detailed manner following established procedures for charting.
- Maintains the knowledge required to provide age appropriate care/services. Provides scope of authorized service (as evidenced by ongoing clinical assessment and certification) to adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients of varying cultural, religious and social backgrounds.
- Maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, family, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible for informing the RN of any pertinent changes in the condition of the patient.
- Maintains competency in performing skills outlined in the competency skills checklist.
- Assists physician with procedures, as necessary (i.e., assist with positioning patients for procedures) and information needed for the physician to complete history and physical information.
- Completes patient instructions and applicable checklists prior to initiating treatment. Reviews indications and risks as benefits of HBOT with the patient.
- Practices and promotes proper aseptic technique, infection control measures, and body mechanics.
- At all times, delivers care that is safe in conjunction with the physician’s orders, Hospital policy and nursing standards.
- Ø High school diploma or GED is required
- Ø Current CPR certification or eligible to obtain upon employment
- Ø Previous healthcare experience is desired but not required.
- Ø Must possess communication/writing/interpersonal skills
- Ø Basic computer skills
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $35,256 – $57,521/annually
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week