Cardiac Telemetry Technician
The Cardiac Telemetry Technician assumes responsibility and accountability for performing electrocardiograms on patient’s ranging in age from infant to the aged. The Cardiac Telemetry Technician is responsible for processing EKGs performed by the Cardiovascular Laboratory and other departments in the hospital. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described within.
- Responsible for performing routine, stat, pre-operative and outpatient EKG testing.
- This testing also includes signal average EKGs, along with Holter monitor set-ups.
- May perform Holter scanning if certified in 12-lead EKG.
- Assists in all phases of acquisition and storage of all EKG materials.
- Participates in report generation, as well as charting and delivery.
- Requires excellent communication skills among co-workers, hospital staff, and physicians.
- Responsible for notifying physicians of stat EKGs to be read via hospital and/or beeper system
- Performs routine, 24 hour and Cardiac Stress Tests.
- Confers with cardiologist to establish requirements for non-standard examinations and determines technical factors to satisfy requirements.
- Monitors and documents test results for physician review.
- Advises cardiologists of results of examination and provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation.
- Notifies cardiologists of significant scan deviations that may necessitate immediate attention to the patient.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Participates in ensuring adequate levels of supplies.
- Records, charges, copies and charts test results.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Ø High school diploma or GED is required
- Ø Current CPR certification or eligible to obtain upon employment
- Ø Previous EKG experience is desired but not required.
- Ø Must possess communication/writing/interpersonal skills
- Ø Basic computer skills
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $27,256 – $53,521/annually
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile