Customer Service Emergency Management Communications Specialist
Under the direct supervision of a Communications Supervisor, an Customer Service Emergency Management Communications Specialist performs a variety of duties related to radio, telephone, automated data communications, and clerical functions. A Customer Service Emergency Management Communications Specialist operates base radio console equipment and acts as a central dispatch/control or relay point to receive and transmit information to safety, service, and other appropriate personnel; operates computer terminals to verify data and to record calls for service; answers inquiries from the public, directs them to the appropriate personnel; operates emergency equipment.
Incumbent is subject to working varied hours, holidays, and overtime as required during assigned shifts and will be subject to emergency call-ins for problems with scheduling or equipment.
- Receives and records telephone calls & complaints as well as answers inquiries from the public regarding a variety of issues and events.
- Receives and transmits radio communications and dispatches safety, services, and appropriate personnel as well as coordinating back up support as necessary.
- Operates computer terminal to verity and record data
- Prepares and maintains logs and records of calls, complaints, receptions and transmissions.
- Monitors radio frequencies
- Dispatches service personnel
- Provides the public and employees information and directions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED and some experience as a Communications Technician or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively under extremely stressful conditions, listen attentively to radio transmissions for long periods of time, and attend to information requests from numerous parties.
- Ability to transmit information verbally in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls in an appropriate, effective, efficient, and calm manner.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $43,250 – $56,980/annually
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile