Help Desk Specialist
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be responsible for providing world-class customer support to internal employees and external customers. The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for answering the main switchboard in a professional and timely manner and will respond to routine questions, forward calls to appropriate departments and/or individuals, take clear and accurate messages when necessary and ensure all staff are apprised of their messages; greeting visitors and directing them appropriately. Answer and respond to incoming telephone calls promptly and in a pleasant, courteous and clear manner. Demonstrate knowledge of procedures. Provide routine information to callers and visitors. Sign for, receive, and route incoming mail, including courier deliveries. Provide back-up clerical support to other departments. Greet and respond to applicants for employment. Perform other duties as assigned. Support facility internal and external customer service standards.
- Help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through ownership, resolution and appropriate escalation of issues and trouble tickets; maintain proactive and timely communication with customers via multiple mediums (voice, tickets, email, IM, walk-ups).
- Manage small projects and provide leadership to junior Help Desk Specialists.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for improving efficiencies and decreasing response times.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 customer service experience
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $29.25 – $47.72/hour
- 8 hour shifts
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile