The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing quality customer service to patients as well as responsible for assisting the Dentist in patient care. Other functions may be assigned.
- Set up treatment room for scheduled patients.
- Provide coronal polishing and sealants for scheduled patients.
- Provide oral hygiene instructions to scheduled patients.
- Have dentist perform exam on scheduled patients.
- Take and develop x-rays, as prescribed by the dentist.
- Make entries in the patient chart of procedures performed.
- Escort the patient to the receptionist. If no receptionist is present, finish the check-out process.
- Clean up the treatment room and set up for the next patient.
- If no patient is present for the Dental Assistant, help other staff as needed.
- Assist the dentist with patient care.
- Process and sterilize instruments between patients.
- Take impressions, as prescribed by the dentist.
- Pour up impressions with model plaster, as needed.
- Perform equipment maintenance procedures.
- Keep all supplies stocked.
- Clean the dental department as needed.
- Assist receptionist with recording patient failed appointments in patient charts.
- Assist receptionist with printing the patient schedule for the next day.
- Assist receptionist with pulling patient charts for the next day.
- Assist receptionist with filing patient charts at the end of the day.
- Assist receptionist with appointment confirmation phone calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dental Director.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and order dental and office supplies.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them using systems approach.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of patient/medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work within a mulch-disciplinary team
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $13.25 – $27.72/hour
- 8hour shifts
- Sunday – Saturday
- Fulltime: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile