Responsible for daily and monthly accounting operations and accounting tasks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes (e.g. uploading financials into reporting system)
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts monthly (e.g. prepare supporting schedules included in the quarterly review package such as the equity roll-forward, minority interest roll-forward, and real estate roll-forward)
- Posting of journal entries
- Monthly financial analysis, including review of property accounting information prepared by joint venture partners
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Tracking of fixed assets for selection of real estate properties
- Assist with cash management responsibilities (e.g. checks, wires, and client capital calls)
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements, as well as year end audit and tax requirements
- Complete assigned tasks to support the team’s efforts in calculating, interpreting, and communicating financial performance returns
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, and reporting of performance returns
- Create efficiency in and effectiveness of the financial reporting process as well as improve client services
- Take initiative in identifying problems and providing suggested solutions
- Assist with various special projects as assigned
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent (Degree desirable, but not required)
- 1- 2 years related accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with multiple types of people.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with both business and technical personnel to solve business challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although certification is not required for hire for this position, candidates must be willing to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program.
For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, physical examination, etc… This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.
- $29.00 – $38.65/hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Full time: 40+ hours per/week
Apply Now – Create/Update Profile